"FRIAI" Fellow of the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland
"AIA" Member of the American Institute of Architects
USA Registered Architect by the Virginia State Board
2008-2018 | McConnell International Architecture
- International Architectural Design, Planning, Consultancy and Construction Management
- Residential / Corporate / Private / Commercial / Industrial / Resort / Leisure Architecture
- Sustainable Environmental Design / Certified Passive Architectural Design / LEED Green Associate
2004-2008 | Chief Project Architect - Michael McNamara & Co. / Grattan Property Group
- 2nd Largest Construction/Development Company in Ireland - € 850m Euro Budget (2007)
- Corporate / Private / Commercial / Educational / Governmental / Construction and Design-Build Projects
- Responsible for 'Design & Build Team' with Projects including :
- Cork International Airport Hotel
- Parknasilla Hotel Resort - Sneem, Co.Kerry
- Longford Town Centre – Shopping and Office Mall
- Fingal County Council Headquarters Apartment Complex & Parking Structure
- Infirmary Road PPP (Public-Private Partnership) Project with Dublin County Council (not-constructed)
2000-2004 | McConnell International Architecture
- International Architectural Design, Planning, Consultancy and Construction Management - AS ABOVE
1995-2000 | Managing Director - CadMan Systems, Ltd.
- WORLD's FIRST AutoDesk ™ Authorised RENTAL CENTER
- Corporate/Private Client SALES & RENTALS of Computer Hardware & Software, Training and Support.
1991-1995 | Managing Director - CAD Development International, Ltd. - Dublin Ireland
- Corporate/Private Client supply of Computer Hardware, Software, Training and Support.
- CAD Architectural Firm Consultants providing 3-D CAD Models & Renderings
- AutoDesk ™ Authorised Developers and Dealers
- "AutoQuik" ™ Software Manufacture & Sales (authored by Robert McConnell)
1991-1995 | Architectural & Planning Consultant with O'Mahony Pike Architects - Dublin Ireland
- Architectural & Urban Developments Design integrating CAD for Projects including :
- Herbert Park Hotel, Office and Apartments Development
- Carysfort Hall - Apartment Development
- Avoca and Carysfort Park Residential Developments
1989-1991 | Senior Architect for MMM Design Group International-Dublin, Madrid, Rome & Frankfurt
International Architecture & Engineering Practice with Governmental, Corporate, Private Clients Projects including :
- Warrior Preparation Center - Kaiserlautern, Germany ;
- U.S. Command/Control/Communications Base - Naples, Italy
Security Communications Facility / Administration Bldg. /
FIRE Station / High-Rise Quarters / Parking Structures /
Strict Security / Assault Protection & Electronic Communication Filtering
- Child Development Center - Vicenza, Italy ;
- Multi-Denominational Church - Ankara, Turkey ;
1984-1989 | Robert C. McConnell - Architect, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Shopping Malls, Offices, Hotels, Retail Outlets, Hi-Rise Condominiums,
Single Family Residential Developments (150+ per Average),
High-End Custom and Traditional Residential (from 2,500 to 22,000 sq.ft.)
- One of the first Architects to provide CAD (Computer Assisted Design) for Clients in Virginia.
1981-1983 | Project Manager - SOLAR ONE - Virginia Beach, Va.
- Environmental and Alternate Energy Commercial and Residential Design
- Active & Passive Solar Heating Systems Manufacture & Installation
1979-81 | Project Manager for Johnson, Craven & Gibson Architects Charlottesville, Va.
- Shopping Malls; Banking Facilities; Custom and Multi-Family Residential Design;
& Historic Renovation including:
(Thomas Jefferson's Residence);
- Institutional Design for the University of Virginia including;
- Educational Facilities
- Campus Housing Facilities
- Renovation & Major Extension to Alumni Hall
- Historic Renovation Of Madison Hall
1976-78 | Project Manager for Arthur Konikoff Architects, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Specialising in Corporate, Leisure and Residential Architecture;
- Handicap Design Parameters for the U.S. Veterans Administration
1975 | Chief Screenprinter for Architectural Graphics Incorporated - Norfolk, Va.
- Perfection Signage for numerous projects including :
- Busch Gardens, Williamsburg Va.,
- Lincoln Memorial Hospital and
- The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts,Wash.D.C.
Architectural Education at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Graduated as a 'Bachelor of Architecture' / Minor in Computer Science with
Honors received for :
- 1st Yr | Self educated use of "IBM-360" Main Frame Computer
and produced one of the USA's first Computer Graphics Movies.
- 2nd Yr | European Architectural Studies in | Salzburg, Austria | Hungary |
Yugoslavia |Bulgaria | Greece | Italy
- 3rd-5th Yrs | Established the College of Architecture's Computer Graphics course
and served as Computer Graphics Instructor
- 4th Yr | Design of the Kin-Ha' Hotel and Condominiums
with Architecto' Miguel Gaston at the "to-be" Caribbean resort of Cancun, Mexico